KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Speaking Greek
 Homeric Greek-Clyde Pharr Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

liumx

Malaysia
6 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2007 :  21:57:50  

No, it's not necessary.
But I follow www.ellopos.net/elpenor/lessons/pharr.asp">Pharr's recommendation on Lesson XVI -85 (pg30) which stated "5) Henceforth ... memorize not less than one verse per day till the first fifty-two are learned."
Normally I'll recite from the start (following the pronounciation scheme from one of the resource at textkit) and stuck at about verse 10. The best I've done is 20 verses.
I guess the first 52 verses are important to proceed further.

Go to Top of Page

Kevin

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2007 :  18:28:23  

Don't let a pebble stop your pilgrimage.

Go to Top of Page

liumx

Malaysia
6 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2007 :  01:33:42  

I am still progressing, although very slowly. I've read the 1st 69 verses and turned back to the 1st 52.

I did visit the interlinear version, yes, is very useful for English structure reading, but I think the recital of a poem is of even more help.

Go to Top of Page

liumx

Malaysia
6 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  04:42:36  

Ha, revisiting this same post 1 year later and I am proud to say that I've overcome the 1st 52 verses. So, I moved from reading Pharr's alone and use various other resources to back me up. Anyway, I still keep Pharr in view.

Go to Top of Page

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=245© Elpenor