KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Speaking Greek
 Starting to learn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greek1202003

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2007 :  20:29:59  

Hi I am new to the forum. I'm trying to work on learning a little more of the culture and language. My mother's side of the family are all greek, but my grandparents have passed away and i have no other way to learn to speak or read the language. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me about a good place to start trying to learn the basics.

Thanks

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2007 :  06:00:53  

The place to start is yourself. There is no good place outside, if you don't have reasons and will to learn. At the very top of this (and every) forum page there is a link "language". Have you followed it? Where is your interest in learning, if you did not do even that? Do you expect maybe that a member could give you a magical power to learn Greek in two minutes? There is a lot of work if you want to do it, and you need to search by yourself and take seriously yourself, before you start to ask questions.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=301© Elpenor