KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 History, Culture, Society
 Greece before Christ
 The Prayer of Jesus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iulian

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2006 :  21:38:23  

Could you please recommend me the best readings on the Prayer of Jesus, especially those written by the Elders of the Mount Athos? Thank you!

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2006 :  12:46:43  

Can you read Greek?

Go to Top of Page

Iulian

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2006 :  13:13:21  

No, unfortunately! Though I have recently started learning it (so that I can read the New Testament in original). But I can read Latin, as well as French, German, or Spanish (it would be great if you could suggest texts written or translated in these languages). I explored some French writings of Irenee Hausherr SJ on hesychasm a few years ago.

Go to Top of Page

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2006 :  22:55:00  

See
www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-texts/fathers/origen-prayer.asp" target="_blank">Let our whole life be a life of prayer, by Origen

www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-texts/fathers/basil-quiet-mind.asp" target="_blank">We must strive after a quiet mind, by St. Basil the Great

www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-texts/fathers/maximus-teaching.asp" target="_blank">Teachers of the clean mind, by St. Maximus Confessor

www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-texts/fathers/symeon-invisibleappear.asp" target="_blank">Becoming invisible and suddenly appearing, by St. Symeon the New Theologian

www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-texts/fathers/palamas-thecalling.asp">Calling everything near Him, by St Gregory Palamas

The Three Ways of Attention and Prayer (attributed to St. Symeon the New Theologian)

Elder Paisios the New of Mount Athos

The Life and Teachings of Elder Siluan the Athonite

On the Will of God and Freedom by Elder Siluan the Athonite

Go to Top of Page

Iulian

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2006 :  09:44:56  

Thank you very much!It's great that the English translation comes with the original text in Greek.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=159© Elpenor