- Thank you for your work on this site and for making it public. It is a fine piece of work that I will refer to long into the future...
- I am excited about learning Homeric Greek and Homer! You have opened a new world to me!...
- I'm just amazed of your pages. I work on Greek and Oriental Patristics and am really delighted with all the material you are offering...
- I am eager to get whatever you produce as soon as and however you produce it...
What is your motivation?
What is the origin of the very good Elpenor web page? ... Is it a Greek NGO or an academic organisation?
- If you don't mind me for asking, what is your motivation? Do you live in Greece, or the US? You are obviously Greek and maybe an academic? I am very interested myself about Greek heritage. All the best
This is crucial today, because a western culture that grew alienated from the Greek East (thanks to the various schisms), is now becoming global, while simultaneously is transformed to a quasi-culture of power, survival, dominance, individualism, etc.
More and more (something that was horribly expressed in the second world war) this western-global 'society' becomes unable to give meaning to the life of its peoples, and nihilism grows.
Elpenor is devoted to the need for meaning, as I see it, that is, in a united Christianity on the ground of the Orthodox tradition. It seems impossible, and maybe it is, but I don't see any other way.