KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Interpretation
 Greek accents after τό
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author  Topic Next Topic  

charless

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2016 :  18:20:51  

A reader on my website asked me the following question concerning Greek accents. I don't accurately know the answer and hope you can provide the proper grammatical reason:
"I would be most grateful if you could confirm whether or not the two articular verbal compound nouns (τὸ παρεῖναι, τὸ απείναι) are correct so far as their Greek accents is concerned. I want to be sure that when I put the neuter singular definite article τό in front of the two infinitives (παρεῖναι, απείναι) there is no alteration of their accentuation. Or is there?!
εἰμί, εἶναι, τὸ εἶναι
πάρειμι, παρεῖναι, τὸ παρεῖναι
ἄπειμι, απείναι, τὸ απείναι"

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2016 :  11:33:18  

Are you working on Heidegger perhaps? Anyway, you are almost correct
τὸ παρεῖναι, τὸ ἀπεῖναι, εἰμί, εἶναι, τὸ εἶναι, πάρειμι, παρεῖναι, τὸ παρεῖναι, ἄπειμι, ἀπεῖναι, τὸ ἀπεῖναι.

Go to Top of Page

Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=638© Elpenor