The Hellenic Culture Centre, which was the scientific supervisor of AEOLIS’s summer school, is launching a Greek Language and Culture Summer School in Santorini.
Greek Language and Culture Summer Programmes organized by the Hellenic Culture Center in the island of Santorini
- Integrated Programme of Greek Language and Culture
Intensive 2-week programmes in Modern Greek for non-native speakers consisting of 40 hours of language tuition and language workshops and 34 hours of educational/cultural activities ('Unexplored Santorini' programme) at no additional cost
- Greek Language Lessons (all levels and special courses), 2 weeks, 20 hours
- Greek Language Workshop speaking and listening practice, 2 weeks, 20 hours
- 'Unexplored Santorini' Cultural Programme. An introduction to the rich local history and traditions of the Aegean; taste and feel beautiful Santorini! 2 weeks, 34 hours (in Greek and English)
- 2-hour Greek Language crash course for beginners
- Special Greek Language Programmes (Greek literature, Greek language for interpreters and translators, terminology, “Katharevousa”, Ancient Greek, Greek for children, preparation for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek)
- Special Programmes on Greek culture (Rembetiko, Greek painters, Karagiozis shadow theatre, modern Greek music, folk instruments, famous Greek writers and poets, et al.)
The school is based in Megalochori, one of the most beautiful villages of the island and one of the few that have been declared “traditional settlement”. The educational programmes can also be attended through grants from the European Commission (Erasmus Plus programme).