KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 History, Culture, Society
 New Hellenism
 Church Fathers in Greek
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laellius

France
52 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2009 :  22:21:02  

Hello,

Would anyone know where I could find the works in print of such Fathers as the Cappadocians, Maximus the Confessor, Gregory Palamas, John Damascene or Symeon the New Theologian in the original Greek, with or without translation? I don't believe these authors are published in the Loeb collection. Are there other editions besides Migne?

Laellius.

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2009 :  04:43:22  

Besides Migne, you can find them in the Sources Chretiennes series, where the original text is published side by side with a translation in French. From those that you mention, perhaps Palamas is not published in SC.

Go to Top of Page

Laellius

France
52 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2009 :  11:19:44  

Thank you a lot, it looks great.

Go to Top of Page

giovanni

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2009 :  12:30:26  

Be advised that the Patrologia Graeca is in about 166 volumes, several of these are freely available here. It is all perfectly legal, the books are from around 1860, so the copy-right is long expired. I don't know if you will find the authors you are looking for, but, in my own view, it is worth checking. It is a pity to pay for new books when there are available old ones just as good.

Go to Top of Page

Laellius

France
52 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2010 :  19:31:18  

For those who are looking for an (almost) exhaustive database of complete texts including Migne Patrologia in the original languages from both Greek and Latin Church Fathers, the following should be very much worth exploring - Greek texts - Latin texts

Besides theological texts, the database includes works by pre-christian authors such as Plato, Aristotle, etc. , and other texts of the Byzantine era, such as imperial edicts, church council documents and more.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=528© Elpenor