KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 History, Culture, Society
 European Union
 What it means to be a Christian in Europe today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

James

40 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  13:36:21  

I look and I no longer see anything in the European Union that represents the values of Christianity and as a European this makes me feel profoundly sad.

Instead what I see is the spread of banality, sterility, and the "mechanical lifestyle" of those who are dead not just in head and heart, but more fatally in spirit too. Kierkegaard and Baudelaire understood the coming of this age and this place called the Europe Union; where we now merely "exist" in as population statistics. Yes, it seems that modern Europeans have become just as disgusted and intolerant of indoor smoking and the necessity of banning it (the ultimate victory in the banal new world of those who know what's good for the rest of us, this "great" issue of our time!) as they have of their Christian past.

In fact, to really be a Christian in Europe today is to be bad, in fact to be very bad, because you don't conform to the banal new world they've served up lukewarm. But, it's acceptable to be a bit " Spiritual" and to be believe in something, to believe in the "great Spiritual values of Europe's past", to believe in perhaps introducing Muslim laws into largely Christian countries like England, to believe, essentially in nothing that made Europe what it once was, namely the centre Humanity on this planet.

This Union has no vision because it essentially believes in nothing, and yet it will grow and grow in power until there's nothing left. That's it plan and that’s why I am sad.

Regards

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=384© Elpenor