KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Speaking Greek
 Matthew 5:25
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vir litterarum

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2007 :  13:03:31  

ἴσθι εὐνοῶν τῷ ἀντιδίκῳ σου ταχὺ ἕως ὅτου εἶ ἐν τῇ ὁδῷ μετ' αὐτοῦ, μήποτέ σε παραδῷ ὁ ἀντίδικος τῷ κριτῇ, καὶ ὁ κριτὴς σε παραδῷ τῷ ὑπηρέτῃ, καὶ εἰς φυλακὴν βληθήσῃ - Matt. 5:25

How is "otou" functioning within this verse? I have looked at several translations, and none of them translate it?

llarry

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2007 :  01:20:31  

Well I'm not sure if this is much help but my "Thayers Greek Lexicon of the New Testament" List's ο του as the genitive form of ο τι or οστις (anyone who) and states it is only used in the NT with εως (while, until) thus lit. "while anyone who (has brought suite against you) is with you on the road" or something to that effect. In other words it relates to " εν τη οδω μετ' αυτου,"

I apologize ahead of time if this makes no sense, I'm pretty new at this but I enjoyed working on it even if I am off base.

llarry

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=253© Elpenor