KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Interpretation
 Greek Participles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Williams Patricia

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2008 :  07:59:12  

Is there an online help for translating Greek participles into English?

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2008 :  01:33:23  

I'm afraid not. I tried Perseus for "ontes" and after 10 min I gave up. You must have some familiarity with Greek and be able to recognise basic forms of verbs. See this page from www.ellopos.net/elpenor/lessons/lesson2b.asp?pg=2">Elpenor's 2nd lesson in ancient Greek, about such difficulties. Also try www.thefreewindows.com/?p=17">a freeware program that conjugates Greek verbs. It won't help much in your case, but it is the closest possible help I can find for the moment. If you discover anything else, please let us know.

Go to Top of Page

giovanni

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  05:49:28  

Well, you can have a look to the AUSFUERLICHE GRAMMATIK DER GRIECHISCHEN SPRACHE, by Raphael Kuehner and Bernhard Gerth, Zweiter Teil, Zweiter Band, the paragraphs related to participles are Nr 480 to 496. It is in German and you can find it on the WEB at Perseus. Otherwiwe, there are fine books, particularly the GRAMMATICI GRAECI ed. Georg Olms Verlag, only in Greek with introduction and comments in Latin.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=402© Elpenor