KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 History, Culture, Society
 New Hellenism
 The Christ question?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

giovanni

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  23:42:37  

I checked the two LINKS, I could connect only to the first, interesting, I will look better afterwards.
As for court recoders as you call them in THE STATES, I remember you of oration XIV and XV of Lysia (IV cent. B. C:), they are against the son of Alkibiades for having served as soldier with cavalry (less dangerous) instead than with heavy fantery (oplites, more dangerous), everything was written, it was recorded in which corp every Athenian soldier had to serve. So they had "anagraphes" we call it ANAGRAFE here in Italy, and it is a Greek word. There were demographic records in the IV cent. a. C.
I have a book THE COUNCIL OF CHALCEDON (the fourth of the ecumenical councils) in English, aut. Sellers R. V. ed. S. P. C. K., London, 1961 which gives a good account of the proceedings at this council, and you immediately understand that every thing which was done and said was immediately recorded. From a theological point of view this is not a very good bok, but one understands how things were done.
Further to the ACTA CONCILIORUM OECOMENICORUM there is the Johanni Domincus Mansi CONCILIORUM OECUMENICORUM NOVA ET AMPLISSIMA COLLECTIO, from the XVIII cent. It is easier to found in biblioteches, altough it is not so good as the German Edition.
You know, German books are something like MERCEDES cars, you pay, but you get the value.
I thing it is better to be informed about these facts, it is not true that in past ages there was littlke or none litteracy, there was, and better that the one of to-day.

Go to Top of Page

richard

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2006 :  12:43:51  

Giovanni,

I appogize. That should have been romanity.org

--Richard

Go to Top of Page

Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=102© Elpenor