KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 History, Culture, Society
 New Hellenism
 Ask the fellowship in the Holy Spirit.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lai77k

Taiwan
1 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2014 :  07:46:26  

It is me Dabid Chin again...

Dear servants of God:

I am Chin Dabid. Many years ago, I study Bible followed my daily steps, a day I read to the Rev1:8 in two versions:

Revelation 1:8New International Version (NIV)
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 1:8New King James Version (NKJV)
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,”[a] says the Lord,[b] “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

NIV says: the Lord God…the meaning the Lord God is God.
KJV says: the Lord…the meaning the Lord is God.

Then I found the NIV and KJV are very different, then I try to study the New Greek Testament, then I have been finding the 1550Stephanus and 1881WHNU are different also.

Then I learn how to call and pray to the “ΙΗΣΟΥΣ”.

And I face the situation , the christians in Taiwan they study the Chinese Bible and the English Bible but do not care the Greek New Testament.

I am praying…Luke12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

We know His Holy Name, is it He gives us the more gifts and duties? What should we repay more to Him?

God bless us.

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2014 :  07:55:09  

Hello David!

If you face difficulties trying to find your way among the translations, you can learn Greek!, and, before this happens, post your questions in the forum for some help. Besides this, try to improve your English too.

In Christ,

George

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=613© Elpenor