KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Interpretation
 Meanings of the Greek letters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

darknbaldy

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2005 :  22:07:24  

I have been trying to find out some information on the meanings of the Greek letters. If there is anyone who can offer me some information I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

alkm

19 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2005 :  21:07:58  

Do you mean their mathematical values?

Go to Top of Page

darknbaldy

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2005 :  15:11:40  

If they have any meanings other than Mathematic I'd like to know those as well. I'm supposed to get meanings (i.e. Alpha means beginning, etc.) but the only meanings that I've actually found are mathematical.

Go to Top of Page

alkm

19 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2005 :  20:30:30  

These are not meanings *of* the letters, but symbolisms applied *on* and *through* the letters. There are many of them, like ΙΧΘΥΣ (ΙΗΣΟΥΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΘΕΟΥ ΥΙΟΣ ΣΩΤΗΡ = Jesus Christ Son of God, Saviour).

Go to Top of Page

darknbaldy

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2005 :  14:43:53  

Could you send me a list of those symbolisms for the entire greek alphabet? I am needing that information desperately.

Go to Top of Page

alkm

19 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2005 :  22:14:34  

I don't know if anyone can provide you such a catalogue. There are too many symbolisms of that kind, and I haven't seen even an attempt for a list.

Go to Top of Page

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58© Elpenor