KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Speaking Greek
 Audio and Visual text of Greek New Testament
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Patricia Williams

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2007 :  21:24:43  

Is there a free audio/visual Greek New Testament? I do not yet want to buy an audio/visual CD/DVD because I am just beginning study, but I need help with pronunciation. I also do not know the differences in text and pronunciation and which brand or speaker is the most appropriate.

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  07:53:32  

I wouldn't recommend anything that I've listened to, excerpt for the reading of the Gospel according to Matthew by Elli Lampeti, which is on cd rom. If you don't want to buy anything for the moment, you can try using Elpenor's www.ellopos.net/elpenor/lessons/greek-pronunciation.asp">Greek audio files to practice. There is an excerpt from Lampeti's reading, and a link to more audio files. Use this link to listen to the www.ellopos.net/elpenor/lessons/lesson1.asp#pronunciation">sounds of Greek letters, words, phrases.

Go to Top of Page

Luis

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  09:55:21  

Patricia you can check www.greeklatinaudio.com

Go to Top of Page

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  10:30:30  

I visited greeklatinaudio. Alhough they don't use Erasmian pronunciation, still the result is unnatural. I have listened to non-Greeks speaking Greek much better than this.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=335© Elpenor