KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 The language
 Speaking Greek
 Unicode Polytonic Combinations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

arkadia

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  11:29:59  

Hello,

I have recently been playing around with the different polytonic key combinations, as shown on the instructions on this page: www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-texts/gr-pol-keys/greek-keyboard.asp . However, I cannot seem to find a way to make simultaneously both a makron and an accent mark (such as acute) over the same letter. Does anyone know if this is supported?

Thank you very much.

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  12:43:00  

Maybe you are a teacher? I think you can't do this combination; a makron is a philological direction, placed without normal accents.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Dohling

India
11 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  01:37:58  

On accents... I can't get the accent on e in μηδεν (zero) in the BYKI study package. Perhaps George could help me on this?

Go to Top of Page

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  12:37:55  

Hi Thomas,

I don't know BYKI, but in Windows you can have a grave accent pressing ] + ε.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Dohling

India
11 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  22:54:35  

I pressed ] + ε (] and ε) in MS Word and it appeared as shown; no accent appeared! Any solution? I used the Athena font, but the same thing happened when I used all the other 10 Greek fonts I have installed. What should I do now?

Go to Top of Page

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  01:45:58  

Have you installed polytonic Greek from Windows' control panel?

Go to Top of Page

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=180© Elpenor