KOINONIA Greek Forum Login To Start Posting!
KOINONIA - Greek Forum
Profile | Active Topics | Latest Topics | Latest Replies | Popular
RSS Feed | Partners | Search | AFQ

» Forgot your Password?

All Communities
 History, Culture, Society
 Greece before Christ
 The Acropolis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Registration is closed. The Forum remains available only as a source of published information.

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kej

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  10:13:45  

I am a student at the University at Buffalo in New York researching a project on the acropolis, and I have a question for the Greeks of today regarding this topic. I was wondering what your opinion is on the museum located in the acropolis. Is it an important factor within the modern acropolis, or is it merely a location for tourists? I would greatly appreciate anyones opinion on whether the museum located in the present day acropolis has any special meaning to you, and if it is a necessary part of the acropolis today. Thank you very much for your time.

George

Greece
615 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  12:29:31  

Most users of this forum are not Greeks. However, living in Greece I can speak not only for myself, but also for the "general attitude". It is characteristic (it doesn't apply only to me), that I have never visited the museum, not once!, although I visit Acropolis very often. I'm interested in knowing the reasoning behind your question.

Go to Top of Page

kej

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  12:38:29  

Thank you for your response, it is very much appreciated. As for the reason why I ask, I am an architecture student constructing a drawing and a model of the acropolis with three other students. We were perplexed as to whether the museum should be included in the drawing and the model, being that we do not have the background experience of Greek culture. We then figured the only way to determine if it should be included or not is whether the actual Greeks (or people who live in Greece with the same mentality) perceive the museum as being an important factor within the Acropolis. Thank you again for your input!

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Promote Greek Learning

Use Elpenor's Libraries and Greek Language departments to stimulate your thinking. To refer to a text there published, just copy its url and paste it in your post. ||| Get updates of all Ellopos sites by e-mail. ||| Download Shortcuts for easy access to the Communities - or drag this icon and drop it in the Links bar of your browser :ELPENOR

Learned Freeware

Reference address : https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/koinonia/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=163© Elpenor